We are as committed to our communities as we are to our members. We believe helping others is vital in life, and we are privileged to have wonderful relationships within our local communities. Our level of commitment is so important to us that we have a team of employees, known as Helping Hands, who lead our community involvement efforts.
Whether we host an angel tree for Christmas, bake sale fundraiser, or a food or toy collection drive, our employees are always assisting and giving back to the community.
Events and Organizations
We have the honor of participating in numerous charitable events, as well as assisting local organizations and events. These include:
- Relay for Life, the American Cancer Society
- Buckner Children and Family Services
- Community Care Prayer Outreach
- South East Texas Food Bank and School Tools
- The Arc of Greater Beaumont
- Southeast Texas Humane Society
- Groves National Night Out
- Nederland Public Library
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4820
- Officer Bryan Hebert Memorial Foundation
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce Heritage Festival
In addition, we host a bi-annual blood drive for Life Share Blood Center, as this affects so many lives in our community.
We also believe in investing in student activities, as these students are vital to our future. Some of those efforts include:
- Donations to area high schools for their Project Graduation Celebration events
- Annual program that awards up to ten high schools seniors each year with a $1,000 scholarship
- Sponsor of area sports programs
- Attention 2019 High School Seniors: Scholarship Applications are available! For details, please click here.
We have also had the honor of assisting the Orange County first responders by donating and serving food to them during the recent Orange and Newton County floods. We were also able to collect items to donate to the flood victims who reside in Deweyville, as well as help distribute cleaning supplies to them, and join efforts with the Groves KCs to donate, cook, and serve food to these residents as they began their cleaning and rebuilding efforts.
Not only are we proud to be an active part of our wonderful community, we are honored and privileged you have allowed us to be part of your family for more than 75 years.