Be aware of fraudulent letters that are being sent through the U.S. Postal Service.
The letter may seem official, but it is fraudulent. There are several indicators of fraud within the letter.
One being, the IRS is NOT located in Fresno, California.
See an example of the fraudulent letter here: Fraudulent IRS Letter
If you have received a letter, please follow these steps:
• DO NOT RESPOND to the letter.
• Contact the Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213
• Contact all 3 Credit Bureaus listed below:
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; Equifax.com
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742; Experian.com
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; TransUnion.com
For more information on Tax Fraud, please visit IRS.gov