Tools & Resources
We offer a variety of tools and resources to help you manage your finances efficiently and make the right choices. For your convenience, this section of our site offers everything from loan calculators to information about debit cards, protection services, resources in the event of a disaster/evacuation and much more.
If you have a savings account with us, you can apply for an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.
Your ATM card gives you the convenience of making withdrawals from your savings account at a wide network of ATMs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With our ATM cards, there is no monthly service charge, and you receive a detailed record of your transactions on your statement. A small fee, to cover each out of network transaction, will be charged to your account. Any transaction fees can be avoided by visiting a Gulf Credit Union ATM. Find a surcharge-free ATM near you.
Call 409-963-1191 or 800-448-5328 or visit one of our locations to apply.
If you are traveling within the U.S., we have a couple of travel-friendly products and services for you.
- Shared Branching available for your convenience.
To help us limit any financial interruptions during your travel – whether you’re planning to travel abroad or within the U.S., please contact us so we know your account will be affected by out of town transactions.
Call 409-963-1191 or 800-448-5328 and ask to speak with one of our member service representatives.
MasterCard® Debit Card
Use your MasterCard® Debit Card instead of writing a check to make purchases. You can also use it to obtain cash at any ATM displaying the Cirrus, Pulse, or MasterCard® logo. Each purchase or cash withdrawal is automatically deducted from your Gulf Credit Union checking account and itemized on your statement.
You can use your MasterCard® Debit Card surcharge-free at any ATM with the co-op logo nationwide. Find a surcharge free ATM near you.
For lost or stolen MasterCard® Debit Cards, please call:
- 888.241.2510 (if calling within the U.S.)
- 909.941.1389 (if calling outside the U.S.)
For Falcon Debit Card Monitoring, please call:
To provide additional security to our debit cards, Gulf Credit Union now offers EMV MasterCard® Debit Cards. Please visit the Cards With EMV Chip Technology section of the FAQs for more information.
Go Green Services
You can “go green” by using the following services:
- MasterCard® Debit Card
- Free online bill pay
- Direct deposit
- Online loan application
- Online banking
- ATM locator
- Mobile banking
For your convenience, we offer cashier’s checks. This is a safe and convenient alternative to withdrawing large amounts of cash. Gulf Credit Union offers checks signed by an authorized signer to guarantee funds.
If you are a member who is 55 years and older, there is no charge for up to five (5) cashier’s checks.
Do you need to send money in a hurry? Gulf Credit Union can do wire transfers from your credit union account to an account at another financial institution. Funds can be wired safely and easily on the same day the transaction is initiated. Wire transfers may be requested in person, by phone, or by mail. For security purposes, member verification is required. There is no charge for incoming wires.
Please visit our Rates and Fees section for more information about domestic and international outgoing wire transfer fees.
Rates and Fees
Your security and peace of mind are very important to us. Gulf Credit Union can perform a stop payment – at your authorized request – of a check or an electronic withdrawal drawn on your checking account. Stop payments are executed on the spot, so there’s no waiting period for the hold to take place.
Stop payment requests may be taken over the phone, if you have qualified yourself properly with our Member Service Department. You can also request a stop payment by visiting one of our locations. For security purposes, member verification is required and a fee will be debited from your checking account to make a stop payment. Call our office at 409-963-1191 or 800-448-5328 for more information.
Need a document notarized? No problem. An authorized notary officer is available at all Gulf Credit Union office locations to sign and seal official documents. You will have peace of mind knowing that forms are completed in a legal and accurate manner. There is no service charge for GCU members. We also have employees who can guarantee signatures for member documents.
We have convenient night depository drops at all of our locations. The drops are located in the drive-thru section in the first lane. Call us at 409-963-1191 or 800-448-5328 if you have any questions or concerns.
Sign up for Payment Protection through Minnesota Life when you sign for your loan. As a credit union member, you and your family can have the valuable financial protection you need when you take out a loan. Premiums for the coverage you select are reasonable. In fact, when you compare the cost of Payment Protection with the benefits offered, you’ll find the coverage well worth it.
Payment Protection can:
- Reduce your financial burden and protect your family
- Protect your income, collateral, and credit rating
- Provide coverage at home and at work
- Give you peace of mind
It’s reassuring to know that not only your family can be financially protected, but your collateral and your income can be protected with Payment Protection and Death Benefit. In the event of your death, Payment Protection pays the insured balance of your loan, up to the policy maximum. Should you become totally and continuously disabled by a covered sickness or accident that persists beyond the policy waiting period, your loan payments are protected.
To qualify for Payment Protection:
- You must have not reached the maximum eligible age on the date of your loan;
- You must be actively employed and working; and
- Only one member may be insured for any one loan.
If a member is not working at the time of the advance, the statement of good health applies.
Eligibility, exclusions, benefits, and termination vary according to Gulf Credit Union’s master contract, which is controlling in all instances. Be sure to consult a loan officer at Gulf Credit Union for complete details.
Applying for Payment Protection and Death Benefit is simple. Talk with a loan representative today. The sooner you enroll, the sooner you’ll have this important financial coverage working for you and your family.
Coverage costs just pennies a day. Premiums can be added to your monthly loan payments for your convenience.
- Auto Loan – Use this calculator to help you determine your monthly car loan payment or your car purchase price.
- Credit Union vs. Dealer Financing – Use this calculator to help you compare financing between your credit union and low interest dealer financing.
- Mortgage – Use this calculator to generate an estimated amortization schedule for your current mortgage.
- Credit Card Payoff – Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your credit card balance, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals.
- Savings – This calculator demonstrates how to put this savings strategy to work for you.
We know the event of a disaster or evacuation can be very stressful, and that is one of the reasons Gulf Credit Union is well-equipped with a disaster plan. The purpose of this plan is to help ensure you receive minimal disruptions in the event of a disaster or evacuation. This proactive plan is designed so we can return to “normal” operations in an efficient and timely manner. This plan also helps you know your money is safe and that you will be able to access your funds with minimal or no interruptions in the event of a disaster/ evacuation.
As we receive information and updates regarding the emergency/disaster, we will post updates on our website (www.gecu.org) and our Facebook page.
- Gulf Credit Union surcharge free ATMs
- All Gulf Credit Union locations
- All ATMs displaying the Co-op Logo Nationwide
- 24/ 7 Call Anytime Teller (CAT) available in English and Espanol, 409.963.1432
- Shared Branching
- A free service that Gulf Credit Union has partnered with Credit Union Service Centers to give you access to your GCU account at thousands of locations across the country. There are 294 locations in the state of Texas. This service will allow you to conduct transactions just as if you were at one of our Gulf Credit Union locations. You can conduct a range of transactions, such as:
- Loan Payments
- Transfer funds between accounts
To utilize these services at any shared branching location, please be sure to have the following information:
- Your home credit union’s name (Gulf Credit Union)
- Your account number
- Valid government-issued photo identification; i.e., Driver’s License, US Passport
- After we have been declared an emergency, we will operate from our Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). While operating from the DRC, scheduled payments thru our FREE online bill payment system will be completed.
- ACH Direct Deposits will continue to post as they are received
- For inquiries, transfers or wires, please call 800.448.5328 or 409.963.1191
In addition to the physical preparations, such as developing an evacuation plan, packing essential items such as clothes, food, medications, tools, etc., it’s also very important you have a financial plan. The following is a list of suggestions for proactive steps you can take to help ease your stress in the event of a disaster/evacuation.
- Make sure you have enough cash available. Withdraw a sufficient amount of cash from your account to cover travel and other costs incurred for an extended period of time. Cash limit restrictions may apply depending upon availability.
- By having a MasterCard®Debit Card from Gulf Credit Union, you will be able to access your cash from any ATM displaying the Co-op Logo Nationwide. If you don’t already have a MasterCard® Debit Card, you may order it and receive your card the same day at any of our convenient locations in Groves, Mid-County, Beaumont and Bridge City.
- Consider using a credit card. While out of town, several places may not accept “out of town” checks. A credit card can help with items such as fuel for your vehicles, hotel rooms, food, and whatever else you may need during your time away.
- Make sure you have a list of Gulf Credit Union access numbers and website handy. Please print any information from our website you feel would be useful in the event of a disaster/evacuation.
- Make sure your information that we have on file, such as your e-mail address and your mailing address, is correct.
- If you have a safe deposit box, please be sure to bring your key with you, as well as bring any other keys for locked valuables.
Remember, these are suggestions of resources and items that you may need. Gulf Credit Union is not responsible for any items that are not included in the supply checklist. If you feel something is not on the list that you should bring with you, please make sure it is included in your personal hurricane supply list.
You may also print your free hurricane tracking chart at: www.nhc.noaa.gov/tracking_charts.shtml
Gulf Credit Union is not responsible for anything incurred during contact with a third party group/ website. The links and information included in our website are intended as recommendations and tools for your use.
Discount Codes Coming Soon